1. Sugar Paste – if you have any sugarpaste leftover after decorating you cake of making cake decorations wrap it up tightly in cling film and store it in an airtight container. It will keep like this for weeks until you need to use it again
2. Royal icing – if you have decorated you Christmas cake using royal icing or made some up to do some piping you can keep any leftover icing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
3. Buttercream – if you’ve made a bit too much buttercream don’t throw it away it will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks
4. Bread dough – if you have made a bread dough but only need to use half of it you can freeze the rest of the dough, just wrap it up in cling film or place in a freezer bag and pop it in the freezer until you need another loaf. The just defrost and bake.
5. Cupcakes/Sponge cakes – if you’re organised and baking ahead cupcake and sponge cakes will freeze really well, just wrap up in cling film and freeze. This is also a great idea if you’ve made too many cupcakes.
6. Gingerbread dough – if you’re making gingerbread and have some dough left over, wrap it up tightly in cling film of a freezer bag and pop it in the freezer until you need it again.
7. Pastry – pastry dough freezes really well, just wrap up any leftover pastry when you’ve made a pie or some sausage rolls and place it in the freezer until you need it again.
8. Cookie dough – if you’re making cookies but don’t want to make too many, just wrap up the leftover cookie dough and put it in the freezer until you want to make some more