Have you ever seen beautiful cakes and cupcakes decorated with delicate rose petals and wondered how it’s done? Well you can make your own crystallised rose petals yourself very easily. Just follow our step-by-step guide!
You will need:
- 30 Rose Petals
- 1 Egg White from a medium egg
- Caster Sugar
1. Carefully remove the petals from the roses, lightly whisk the egg white and spoon the sugar into a shallow bowl.
2. Hold the base of a petal using the tip of your thumb and fore finger and paint both sides with the egg white, ensuring you cover the whole petal.
3. Spoon the sugar all over the petal, shaking off any excess
4. Place the petals on baking parchment and leave to dry for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible. The crystallised petals can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
And there you have it, pretty crystallised rose petals for decorating cakes and cupcakes. Why not try them out on this delicious Chocolate Cake with Rose Petals, or alternatively to top these delicate Rose Water Cupcakes.