One of our favourite foodie seasons is almost upon us…Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday)
This is the perfect time to use up all those baking ingredients that have been lurking at the back of your food cupboard. Cease the opportunity to avoid wastage and turn them into something incredible – mounds and mounds of pancakes.
Here at BakingMad.com we have teamed up with Askeys Treat to share with you our top tips and ideas to have the best Pancake Day ever!
The most important tip of all: Don’t forget to stock up on your ingredients, in particular, the all important toppings (Askeys Treat of course)
Have you tried Askeys Maple Syrup Treat sauce? If we had to describe it in one word it would be ‘yuuuuuuum’ This sauce is amazing on pancakes, but also really versatile and can be used to drizzle on bacon, top cupcakes, bake in flapjacks and even glaze your roast parsnips!
Once you have all your ingredients, it is then time to find your recipe. BakingMad.com is packed full of wonderful Pancake Recipes so take some time to browse through and find a new favourite here.
So! Ingredients purchased and recipe found, see below our secrets to make the perfect pancake.
1. Invest in a good quality non-stick pan (you will thank us for this later when washing up!)
2. Use a pastry brush or kitchen towelling to lightly grease the pan – too much butter means over-brown pancakes
3. Only mix your ingredients until incorporated – over mixing will lead to a rubbery pancake.
4. Stack your pancakes separated with greaseproof paper. They can even be made in advance and frozen.
5. For even sized pancakes use a measuring cup to pour out equal amounts of batter in your pan.
6. Your pancakes are ready to flip when the edges become brown and come away from the pan.
If you want to get the kids involved, the mixing of the batter is a really kid-friendly task (if you don’t mind a messy kitchen)
Also, whilst your frying the pancakes why not get the kids to take part in Pancake Day bingo. You can print off our simple bingo sheet here and get your little ones to cross one each square when it happens. Once your pancakes are complete, drizzle with Treat and enjoy!!