Have you ever wanted to make ice cream but thought it might be too difficult or take too much time? Well here’s a top ‘how to’ on making the most straightforward and delicious ice cream ever! You don’t even need an ice cream maker and you can make any flavour variation you like. Here is our no-churn pistachio ice cream in four easy steps.
You will need:
- 397ml can condensed milk
- 600ml double cream
- 80g shelled pistachio nuts
1) Place 40g of the pistachio nuts into a blender or food processor and blend until fine and roughly chop the remaining pistachio nuts.
2) Pour the condensed milk and double cream with the finely ground pistachio nuts into a large bowl and whisk until thick and quite stiff.
3) Fold in the chopped pistachio nuts, then pour into a freezer proof container and cover.
4) Place in the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight.
And there you have it! Delicious no-churn ice cream.
Why not try out some other flavour combinations:
For vanilla flavoured ice cream add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
For coffee flavoured ice cream add 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
For strawberry flavoured ice cream add 150ml strawberry purée
Or check out all our other ice cream recipes!